Advertisement
Home arrow Forum
Dropship Australia Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
UK DROPSHIPPING LIST COMPANIES... DODGY OR NOT? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
You work hard for your money and the last thing you want is for someone to take it from you. Scammers are out there! They want your money and they don't want to work to get it. If you know of a possible scam help other by posting it to this forum.
Go to bottom Favoured: 0
TOPIC: UK DROPSHIPPING LIST COMPANIES... DODGY OR NOT?
BargainSurfers (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
UK DROPSHIPPING LIST COMPANIES... DODGY OR NOT? 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1  
We are new to Dropshipping and looking at all the options available to secure the most productive and genuine lists. We now need some advice.

We subscribed to a UK Dropshipping List Company for One Month starting on February 13. The invoice we received was very specific that it was One Month Access. Not long after that, our company accepted a large project and we were unable to explore the site (content looks great and seems genuine) as much as we'd like.

I emailed the company on February 12 to let them know this and that we were cancelling the subscription, hoping to pick it up again when our office returned to normal.

I didnít get any response and on February 13, PayPal sent a notification that another monthís subscription had been taken out of our account. I cancelled the subscription immediately and received an instant response back from the List Company wanting to know why.

If I had wanted an extended membership I would have done so in the first place as the cost of six months is the same as two! I am also questioning the legality of activating a subscription before close-of-business on the expiry date.

I've sent emails asking for a refund of the unauthorised payment with no luck. There is an incomplete phone number on the website which doesnít work. The one on the PayPal invoice is probably being monitored and calls aren't returned. The satellite image of the address on Google Maps also looks dodgy.

While we appreciate that the subscription fee isnít a fortune, we hate being ripped off and, if itís happening to us, itís happening to others. Has anyone had similar problems with UK companies?

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.

mike (Moderator)
graph
Re:UK DROPSHIPPING LIST COMPANIES... DODGY OR NOT? 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9  
Hello BargainSurfers
Unfortunately there are a few sites that will take you funds and not give value. There are also sites that are not monitored at all. They are just like an ATM for the owners and it is not until something happens that effects their income that you will get any reply or action.

The best thing for you to do in this case is to go through PayPal and raise an objection to the subscription payment. This may cause an issue for the site owners and they may refund you subscription fee. Let PayPal know that you contacted the owners of the site prior to the second payment but received no response.

At Dropship Australia we try to only show the legitimate and quality directories contained on other sites. In the case that a member here felt there was a site that did not come up to expectations we would want to know about it.

We recommend UK Wholesale Pages
www.dropshipaustralia.com....ecommend/ukwholesale

Please let us know if this was the site you experienced problems with.

Regards
Mike

Logged Logged  

Some (but not all) of links posted by myself may earn a referral fee. Please carry out your own due diligence before making any purchase.

BargainSurfers (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:UK DROPSHIPPING LIST COMPANIES... DODGY OR NOT? 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1  
Thanks Mike,

Of course, $50 approx isn't the end of the world but I wonder how often they do this to others.

I did speak to PayPal but the contact seemed uninterested. I'll try again and see if I can find someone more on the ball!

BTW... I made a mistake with the starting date of the One Month Combo subscription. It was January 13 and not February 13. I confirmed not renewing the subscription on February 12 and it was was reactivated without my approval on February 13.

No... it wasn't Wholesale Pages UK. It was Wholesale Deals UK.

I did some research and discovered that this is owned by a guy called Stefano Carboni. This person has dropshipping covered in the UK with eSources, Wholesale Forum and Best Wholesale Sites amongst others. He also owns Dropshipping Scams. Go figure?!

To all intents and purposes some are fantastic sites and they probably are until you have a problem.

The websites all have the same address which is shared by 71 other companies as a postal address and the phone number listed for all websites is never answered.

I appreciate the advice Mike. Hopefully none of the above is slanderous and will understand if you delete anything.

Bestest, Bargain Surfers

Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2015/02/17 13:42 By mike. Reason: link removal
BargainSurfers (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:UK DROPSHIPPING LIST COMPANIES... DODGY OR NOT? 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1  
Hi Mike... me again!

Re your suggestion, I had a long chat to PayPal.

They looked into everything and agree, it's borderline re legality. Annoyingly, when I signed up for One Month Access, it gave Wholesale Deals UK the right to keep activating the subscription every month. The fact that they chose to ignore my prior cancellation email is very frustrating.

Now it's been deactivated by PayPal, it won't happen again and I'm $50 down the gurgler. At least it has given me the impetus to expose how easily you can be duped. I'm sure, and so is PayPal, there are probably many others in a similar situation.

Most definitely, there is a question mark over the practices of the company that owns Wholesale Deals UK and their nine other UK dropshipping/wholesale websites.

Your members on Dropship Australia should take this as a 'friendly' warning!

All the best,
Bargain Surfers

Logged Logged  
mike (Moderator)
graph
Re:UK DROPSHIPPING LIST COMPANIES... DODGY OR NOT? 3 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 9  
Thanks for you feedback and sorry to hear you didn't get a refund.

I have not edited your post apart from removing the link. We don't need to drive any traffic to these sites if they are questionable. It only improves their search rankings and brings ours down.

Finding reputable sources for any online business is difficult. I have personally lost funds to unscrupulous people in the past. Today I am very careful what we list on the site so others do not fall into the same situation.

Due Diligence is the first step in any business venture.

Mike

Logged Logged  

Some (but not all) of links posted by myself may earn a referral fee. Please carry out your own due diligence before making any purchase.
paull (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:UK DROPSHIPPING LIST COMPANIES... DODGY OR NOT? 3 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0  
Esources, wholesale deals etc.etc. are dodgy to say the least .
How are they able to advertise/scam people from this page?

Logged Logged  
mike (Moderator)
graph
Re:UK DROPSHIPPING LIST COMPANIES... DODGY OR NOT? 3 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 9  
Hi Paul
Could you let me know how the particular businesses you mention are dodgy? Where are you seeing them advertised? We have some google ads on the site but they are different for different people depending on cookies and surfing habits.

We certainly do not want to have dodgy ads on the site and will do what we can to remove them.

If we have an article on the site that directs you to any of those sites please post a link and we will look into it

Regards
Mike

Logged Logged  

Go to top

Verified Dropship Wholesalers

Register Your New Australian Web Address & Get Your Web Hosting Here
Wholesale Directory and Dropship Suppliers
ranger-ankle