UK Wholesalers and Dropshippers
Home arrow Forum
Dropship Australia Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Public liability and product liability (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Discuss issues such as taxes, duties, insurance and other essential business information
Go to bottom Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Public liability and product liability
pala (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Public liability and product liability 1 Month, 1 Week ago Karma: 0  
Hi All , I am about to start a shopify store and dropship from Aliexpress into the US.I have a PTY LTY company in Australia and I am wondering how can I protect myself in the event a customer should try and sue me for whatever reason. I know that in the US they set up as an LLC, any Aussies want to jump in and help.

Regards

Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.

mike (Moderator)
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Public liability and product liability 1 Month ago Karma: 9  
Hi Pala
Firstly this is NOT legal advice and you should contact your accountant or solicitor for that type of information.

You can register a company in the USA without having to reside there. This is done through a company in Delaware. There are several services if you search for 'register a us company in delaware'. Just be sure you are dealing with a reputable agency that has a track record.

Having a company can protect your personal finances and property but you should still seek insurance to cover your company. You wouldn't want to build a profitable business and then lose it all because you did not have insurance.

Hope this helps
Mike

Logged Logged  

Some (but not all) of links posted by myself may earn a referral fee. Please carry out your own due diligence before making any purchase.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to top

Verified Dropship Wholesalers

Register Your New Australian Web Address & Get Your Web Hosting Here
Wholesale Directory and Dropship Suppliers
ranger-ankle